Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 16th, 2009 - Paris, France


I'm sitting in a quaint little bar called Le Voyageur in the heart of the Third District of Paris watching a quartet of French Gypsies swinging it away to the music of Django Reinhardt. I'm wearing a new suit that I bought this morning and my new winter jacket is by my side in case the amazing weather takes a turn for the worse. Jackie and I just finished our French Thai fusion down the street. We walked through the catacombs today and saw the Eiffel Tower. We ran through Notre Dam and drank some afternoon wine... Tomorrow we are visiting Le Louvre and I am sketching people inside a cafe. I have decided to buy an expensive block of cheese and some good bread to keep with me all day tomorrow. My beard has turned red and has grown out of control... I look like a lumberjack with a nice suit. Jackie and I decided to go for gold and upgrade our hostel room to a private suite. The four person room was the size of a baguette. Our new room is twice the size and half the amount of people. It's time to go back to the penthouse for a quick nap before we go out for drinks at another jazz club.

Over and out.

No comments: