Monday, January 11, 2010

Alone again.




I haven't had a moment to write the entire trip because i have been working constantly and on the move. All of my downtime has been taken by Cabernet. Right now, I am sitting alone in the Judean Desert atop a tremendously beautiful mountain near Masada, listening to John Zorns Circle Maker. It's the most outstanding score to the most picturesque landscape. Downtime is so much more appreciated when it's just you, the sky and the dry earth. I just rode a camel through the desert, and slept in a Bedoine tent after drinking wine and playing music all night with Brazilian and Argentine Jews. My hands are sore from playing my new Darbouka with such passion. I'm about to hike Madada and swim in the dead sea. Maybe a massage and mud bath first... The past few days have been breathtaking. Shabbos in Jerusalem was spiritual, regardless of my Atheism. You just cannot escape the force of such a place at such a time. I am so incredibly happy that I was able to spend a few days with one of my best friends, Andrew Susser, who has been living here for a while. We had such a blast walking around Jerusalem together and getting into trouble. Two nights ago I took a group of people to an Israeli Sushi Bar and then to. Jazz club that has the most incredible vibe. There have been a lot of things that I've done since the last time I've written a post, but I am feeling inspired to climb Masada right now. I'll check back in at the beach if I have the time. Home soon...


Justin.

Location:Judean Desert

No comments: