Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kabbalah And Other Things Madonna Related

After swimming laps this morning, I sat outside the pool at the kibbutz to watch the sunrise and drink tea. My tour guide Tuvia and I spoke for a bit about Zionism and life and did some laundry. Afterwards, we made it over to breakfast and I enjoyed some potato borekas and espresso, which go together very well by the way. We drove out to some ancient roman ruins that were destroyed in 1834 and I listened to French Musette and stretched. We fled to the Mystical Jewish Hilltown of Tzfat to see the birthplace of Kabbalah and eat Lebanese Crepes that were out of this world. I bought a Doumbek drum from an Arab man on the street and played it when we reached the Lebanese border. The rest of the group went to a photography seminar and I took a drive to the mall with my Bedoine driver Kaid. I picked up 4 bottles of wine and a bottle of Vodka for tonight. I'm completely exhausted, but I'm sure I'll be able to manage another night of silliness...


Justin.

Location:Tzfat

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read through your whole blog. I love the way your language has changed on this trip. You sound a but wiser and your recollections are much more succinct. I enjoyed your short story about the man. I wonder how old he is. With time he might be able to master it. When you met the French lady in the bar i literally lol's when you said "I didn't succumb to her smelly armpits"... haha. Hot springs rule. I envy you Justin. I wish I could travel. I would need to save for a solid year to be able to do something like that. So thats what I'm doing. Little by little. I want to get lost in South America...

I'll be checking in on you. Much love from Philly!!!

- Brianna